Thursday, October 27, 2011

Press Interview of Lovi Poe's Movie "Aswang"



When it comes to international or local movie, I would definitely choose horror rather than chick flicks. Well maybe because in horror movies there are lots of nerve-wracking and spine-tingling scenes that makes me don't want to sleep alone. Speaking of horror movies, I was invited by Mr. Leo Dominguez to attend the press interview for Lovi Poe's next movie Aswang. By the way, I was with my good friend Espie though I invited her for like 5 or 10 minutes before I went to manila. Paulo Avelino and Joem Bascon is also present in the said event.


I got a chance to have a picture with them after they were being interviewed by the media.


Joem Bascon. Award winning actor Joem, plays a leader of the Aswang tribe in this film. His character is the antithesis of Lovi Poe's benevolent, heroic Aswang. Precious Lara Quigaman is his wife in the movie who happens to be Lovi's sister. Joem and Lara will try to convince Lovi to live the ways of an Aswang and to accept her fate. When Lovi fell in love with the mortal, played by Paulo Avelino, Joem uses all his power to break them apart.


Paulo Avelino. Paulo portrayed an assassin who ended up in a small barrio infested with Aswangs. Lovi Poe fell in love with him and vowed to save him from he fangs of the ravenous Aswangs. 

By the way, last Sunday (October 23) Paulo became the trending topic in twitter because of the Gandang Gabi Vice. It peaked as the 2nd most popular trend on twiiter in the Philippines and the 10th most popular trend worldwide.


Lovi Poe. The very beautiful and one of the sexiest women in the Philippine Cinema, Lovi Poe portrays an Aswang who fell in love with a mortal, against the wishes of the Aswang tribe. 

There is also an issue between Lovi and Mother Lily because of the addition of a sex scene in the story. She hesitated from doing it because she said it is supposed to be a romantic-horror film; scary not sexy. But after she saw the scenes, she realized the value of the scene in the context of the film. And in the end, she agreed with Mother Lily. So is Lovi and Mother Lily in good terms at the moment? "I hope so, when we see each other. I love Mother very dearly, and I would like to apologize to her. I was sorry to doubt her. I should have trusted her from the start. After all, I am the newcomer in the business."



Here's the video clip of Lovi Poe inviting her fans to watch Aswang.


"Aswang" also stars Paulo Avelino, Joem Bascon with Marc Abaya, Albie CasiƱo, Jillian Ward, Lara Quigaman, and Bembol Roco. It's opening nationwide on November 2.


Please watch Eat Bulaga this coming Saturday. Lovi Poe and Marc Abaya will play in Pinoy Henyo. Team Aswang!

No comments:

Post a Comment