Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sen. Gringo Honasan and Bloggers' Meet-up

Seriously speaking, I was never really interested about political stuffs or issues, maybe because I have my own belief when it comes to that. But when i met this 3 important man, it finally change my views about politics. So let me thank them first. Thank you to my professor in Constitution, my professor in Philosophy of Man and of course thank you to Senator Gringo Honasan.

Last Thursday (Aug 4, 2011) blogger's were given a chance to meet and ask Senator Honasan. I can't even asked questions because I was so starstrucked when I saw him. And so I let other bloggers to ask him about anything and this is what i got...

Senator Gringo Honasan is a 63 year old (yeah he did not deny his age haha) soldier, rebel, senator, public servant and a peace advocate. What I love about this man is that he is willing to share any information about his personal life. He wakes up at 6 am and spend his time with his grandchildren until 7am. He also managed the Pinoy Classic Rock "The Things" also known as "The Purple People". When we ask him who is his favorite local artist he said it was Piolo Pascual and he also praised the late Amy Winehouse for her music. And to give you another information, he is also into sports. He was a National Champion in Wrestling and Combat Shooting. Also, he was an ASEAN Champion in Sky Diving and his group was the first to make a human star.

He was asked if what makes him happy right now, and he answered that the things that makes him happy is getting married, having children and a grand children. He's really a sweet husband, father and a grandfather. :) He even told us this about women, " Stop trying to understand women, instead love them unconditionally."

Actually the meet-up does not focus on political issues but somehow, it made me change my views about it because of his advices on how to be more productive in our country. As what he says, "Put your money where your mouth is."

And I must say, Sen. Gringo Honasan is one of the best person I've ever met so far for he gave us so much advice that I will never forget and for showing us how he faces all the issues and problems that he encounter.

Thanks Jeman for this opportunity! :)


The Koreanish Pose :))

Sen. Gringo Honasan and the Bloggers :)

[Credits to Jeman for the photos]


"My Legacy is Blog for Next Generation"

-Senator Gregorio "Gringo" Honasan


1 comment: